Sunday, March 10, 2013

Ways I am keeping Brian busy

As we get finished with our parts of the adoption process, our thoughts have moved to getting our house toddler ready. We have pretty much left the "baby room" empty since we moved in, knowing that someday it would be a child's room (although if you ask the dogs, they are pretty convinced it is the room for taking naps in the sun). We chose colors and started talking about decor (more posts to come!), but we also wanted to focus on making the closet as storage efficient as possible.
Now, there are few things I love more than organization. Many many projects have started with me saying "Honey come look at this. Don't you think it would work better if we.....". And Brian always says "yes honey, I agree that more bins/organizers/shelves would make it much better! How can I help?". (ok maybe it's just in my head that he says that. Who knows what he actually says, I've already moved on to planning our trip to Ikea).

After much time spent on Pinterest, I decided that I wanted the baby room closet to look like this:

Source
However, our closet looked like this

So I had to reel in my expectations a little and Brian (and Kona) got to work!


Brian is always saying that he isn't good at these things, but he never ceases to come through and create exactly what I was thinking, if not better. 
I LOVE how it turned out! 


We are trying not to buy too much until we know the age and gender of our kiddo, but we can't wait to start figuring out how use our great new closet space!



2 comments:

  1. I should text you a picture of Roma's closet. I had her closet in Loveland perfect just like yours... And now she's almost 7 and throwing clothes and shoes around til you can't figure out which way is up. I miss the days where I was in control of the closet! Enjoy your few years of that... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aria's closet is still perfect, Ava has a hand in hers now. Perfection is gone. Oh well! ;-)

    ReplyDelete