Thursday, October 24, 2013

Funk

I wish I were talking about this kind of funk



But sadly I am not (although I'm pretty sure I would look awesome with an afro).

As you may have guessed from the silence, we were not matched off of the October shared list. Brian is handling this much better than I am. I have found myself in a funk of just plain being sad.

I'm sad that we haven't been matched. I'm sad that there are orphans that need homes and  families with love and space to spare and everyone is just waiting. I'm sad that the monthly shared lists from China have been smaller than usual with no explanation as to why. I'm sad that I have to walk past our empty baby room for yet another month with no idea of who it will belong to or when he or she will be living there.

So you will have to excuse this downer of a post and (if you have seen me in person) my attitude of late because I just can't fake it right now. I know I will recover and I know we will both be stronger for it, but I'm not there yet.

In the meantime, I offer this picture of a baby elephant as a warm fuzzy trade off for reading my depressing post.




No comments:

Post a Comment