Thursday, March 6, 2014

We're going to be parents!!!! and also We're going to be parents??

Folks, very soon we are going to be parents (hopefully 1 month to be exact)......
I know this isn't new news for you all, but sometimes it catches me off guard.

We have alternated between feeling confident, like we can totally do this "going from no kids to being parents of a toddler" thing


to feeling like we have NO IDEA what we are doing and our house is a death trap with nothing that is appropriate for a child. 

Which has initiated lots of this


And I may have gone a little Old Navy and Craig's List crazy due to anxiety over his empty closet (because what's more fun to buy than teeny tiny clothes??)...


Perfect for his first 4th of July!





Huge Craig's List score!
Maybe for his first plane ride?
Milo has NO clue what a big deal he is!






Brian is a big KU fan so this is perfect!

 So now we have some clothes. However we haven't received an update yet so I'm really not sure if any of them will fit him. Which really brings my anxiety back full circle.

We have also done a few projects to get Milo's room ready. These were my favorites, but I also tried my hand at a DIY project.  Pinterest told me that I didn't have to buy bins for his closet and that I could use cardboard boxes and cover them in fabric. For once Pinterest told the truth and they turned out pretty successfully. 



Always helpful!
Look how crafty I am!
They aren't perfect, but they were cheap and right now that is what matters! 

I (ok this was Pinterest too) also had the brilliant idea of making crib sheets, much to the dismay of my Grandma, mother in law and mom who were the ones with the sewing skills to make this happen! Given a few hours, some donuts and lots of Starbucks, these wonderful ladies made 5 crib sheets and 6 cloth bibs. We have heard that cloth bibs are essential for kiddos with cleft palate so we are glad to have some cute ones made with love!


Stay tuned for more projects and updates!



No comments:

Post a Comment