Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Xiexie (Thank you) China

On our last night in China I posted the following on Facebook. I wanted to share it here so I can remember how I felt that night and someday explain to Milo how blessed we felt that night. 


As I sit here among our half packed bags, listening to Brian rock Milo to sleep, I'm feeling so humbled and thankful. 

Thank you to the country of China and its people. Thank you for the kind smiles and patience with us crazy Americans. Thank you to our guides who made everything so easy. Most importantly thank you for blessing us with one of your treasured children. We will keep our promise that we made last week to always love Milo and protect him. We can't wait to return someday to show him his amazing birth country. 





Thank you to Milo's birth parents, wherever and whoever you are. Thank you for choosing life for this little one and for trusting the Hengyang orphanage to help him get the care he needed. Thank you International China Concern and the Hengyang orphanage for doing the paperwork for Milo to be available for international adoption, knowing we were out there somewhere waiting for him.



Thank you to our family and friends who cared for our home and pets and gave us so much support these two weeks. We can't explain how important it was to still feel connected to home.

Thank you to my amazing husband. I thought I couldn't love you more and then I see you hugging our son and my heart explodes. I couldn't have chosen a better partner for this journey. 




Finally thank you Yang Long Kang, Milo Stephen Yang, for slowly opening up to us and trusting us to keep you safe. Your smile fills a place in my heart I didn't even know was empty. We look forward to the weeks, months and years to come. Our family is blessed because you have joined it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment